4.12.2007

Camouflage





(First view of the Camouflage project I mentioned in the previous post)

Yesterday, I got lost dreaming up a great multi national project with this piece. I thought about traveling from Switzerland back to Hawaii and working on this on route. I wondered what it would be like to train and ferry myself across Europe with the ever growing "insecurity blanket." Then cross America in the same way. I could picture myself showing up at art festivals and not so expected places. It could be a canopy when it is hot, and a blanket when it is cold. I was always impressed by the work of Kim Soo-Ja. Solitary, poetic, silent meditations on sewing, and infinately more. Maybe this is my time for the circus to really come to town.

1 comment:

Cally said...

Wow Anna so much work already, and to think only a few weeks ago you were saying not much was happening art-wise. It looks amazing, so utterly camouflage, which I always think of as anonymous,yet you have made it personal, expressing something as well as hiding it. I like that.

If you take flight with your needle and thread I'd love to see footage of it.