4.12.2007

Moeraki



(Moeraki series-ongoing,Anna Peach,acrylic, maps,history books on canvas)

I could not sleep last night. Wandered and stared out the windows. Maybe it is shock...maybe reality has just set in. I posted my favorite rock painting, they never made the website, but insted each one went to different part of the world. Very different people own them now, but they share these three rocks. I just keep painting the same painting, but they never look the same. Always three stones. I think it is like my Kyoto book that I made, sitting alone in the temple garden. Drawing lanterns, never alone for long. Thirty views of the temple garden it was called. I drew with a calligraphy marker until it was dry. I thought I was dying...right before doctors tried to tell me that was. When they said it, I convinced myself that I was going to live. Ended up being the medicine that was killing me... they blamed Sumatra...I never did. I always return to that kind of garden, natural or invented. Stones that lean on each other for support. All over the world there are stones like that. Melting into each other with time.

2 comments:

rc-d said...

on the rock we have inukshuks rocks, built as a guide
so they hint at those who have gone before us and as a reassurance that it will be fine.

Cally said...

Oh Anna.

This post stopped me in my tracks, plus I just collected your email.

Still not on my home computer so I'll respond via your website contact form.

Your on my mind a lot. x