7.05.2010

New video posted on website



I have just posted the long overdue video clip from 'Ascension' on my website Filmed in Newfoundland in 2007, the video came to represent perseverance -more specifically strength against adversity.

I also offered up an additional statement about my process which reads as follows:


"My video method transports me to areas that are considered ‘in-between spaces.’ Drawn to the point of convergence where air and water meet, where oceans combine, and deep-seas mix with shallow. These several inches of water are where chaos is heightened. I explore what is just beyond our terestrial boundaries by focusing my efforts in what occurs in under one meter of water.

Rather than trying to control the chaos, I have developed a filming method that records this disorder to its fullest. I have modified a silent scientific camera to give proof to my experience. Short takes paraphrase hundreds of hours spent observing change. The locations themselves are also ‘in-between spaces’ as I survey the Central Park Lagoon and NYC street puddles with the same curiosity that I offer the Grand Banks or coastal Hawaii."

No comments: