7.12.2011

News from the Roof

I was cooked on the roof today.  Me, my crew and team of Corporate Volunteers smiled, sweat and nearly passed out from their healthy dose of Corporate responsibility in temperatures well over 100 degrees.  I am so proud of them, several beautiful moments of kindness, generosity and real team building from a group of bankers.  I convinced one Sr Executive to run through the park sprinkler with me, another secretly paid the fozen ice cart to hang around and give us our fill, while others simply sucked it up and got the rather torturous labor done and finished with style.  We discussed Hedge funds, soft coral, sea turtles, Maui, sailboats, swimming pools, but most surprizingly was our discussion of how different people define wealth.  I told them that travel is my wealth.  Knowing first hand about the people and places of this world is my nest egg.  Not a single one disagreed.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

1 comment:

Cally said...

Eyes too sore to read (spent 6 hrs trying to figure out why I've not been able to comment on certain blogs for several months) think I've fixed it but now too tired to read, but wanted to say hi anyway. I got cooked a bit today too, had to put a huge wide hat on.