10.16.2011

Wind is Beauty

Today, after a long weekend on windy roofs, a coffee cart vendor reminded me of the beauty of the wind.  After battling gale force gusts on two rooftop sites where anything and everything became airborne, it was nice to have someone speak kindly of the invisible forces.  He said it simply, but poetically, "I like the wind.  It is beauty." 

It reminded me that I spent half a year letting the wind be the directional guidence for my camera as it made the images of light flashing through water in Newfoundland.  The wind was given shape as the camera was propelled across the water's surface.  Simplicity was beauty, and beauty was all around.

1 comment:

Cally said...

So true. Despite being at the mercy of relentless gales all year (most unusual here) I still have a love affair with Wind. I just wish it wouldn't make my mobile home walls wobble in and out like cardboard! Ondays when I'm stuck in bed my greatest joy is to see the movement in my neighbour's birch tree. I can't imagine a world where the trees never moved.