10.25.2009

That time again

Yes, It is that time of year when I strut through the Village in NYC dressed as some creature rejected from the Kroft Super Show. From the relatively tame giraffe to last year's 11 ft tall hot pink sea dragon, this year the pressure was on to come up with something new. I had several of you place votes on what I should be this year. Though they were excellent ideas...the materials that I was able to scrap together have limited my choices. I have seven reclaimed Barnes and Noble boxes and a pale metallic blue bed cover. So the way I look at it, it is painfully obvious that I have three clear choices: a seal, a dolphin or a manatee. I mean clearly a bunch of book boxes and a bedspread come together to form a manatee. Are you with me? I am going to give myself plenty of room to decide, since my focus is torn between writing a grant, studying Spanish verbs, and deciding what a walking manatee might look like. What was it that those researchers at Yale said about multi-tasking and reduced brain function?

No comments: