8.23.2009

Summer Crossroads




It was one of those summers where I hoped for a bit of peace and reflection, but instead seemed to take on all things. Emotional, character building, soul searching sort of things. Looking to the past, looking ahead, all while drifting through the present. At the onset of summer, I hoped to get through a few good books. At summer's end I found that my knowledge had been tested in so many other ways. It is so much easier to talk about change. But real change is hard. It is much easier to remain stuck. To be stuck keeps you stationary, but at least you know what the day brings. There is a comfort in that. To push on means that you have to go into the unknown, and revisit tough lessons already learned.

In summer's final weeks I try to explore inspiration in the present. The inspiration that lays at my feet every day, but I busy myself so much that I do not see it. I look for inspiration in exotic locations, always somewhere else. I forget to try to investigate the wondrous worlds that co-exist in this metropolis. They crash together here, but the crashing is not so comfortable.

So in these weeks of transition, as summer slowly ebbs away, I try to remind myself that I remain the same even when locations change. I try to remember not to loose too much of myself in the transition. As nature takes a step back, my creativity steps forward. Reminding myself to move on through the time of uncertainty. Really examine the many courses that my life can take, and best of all take one. Pick one, any one and see where these roads, both internal and external, may lead.

No comments: